Young Robin '22

Newly fledged Robins have been seen in the wood since mid May, but they have been shy and their parents protective.

These two were seen on the path adjacent to box 9, where the burnt out car used to be and were both very approachable. One was far bolder than the other and hopped about on the logs at the side of the path, searching for food all the while.

I concentrated mostly on the bold one as it came very close, seemingly undisturbed by my presence.

By scraping the ground in front of me, it enticed the youngster closer still to the extent that I had to move back as it had encroached on the minimum focussing distance for my lens.

The picture below is of the second fledgling. It looked as if it had already become used to its nest mate stealing the limelight.


Comments

Popular posts